Sunday 12 August 2012

My first....

...everything! I have recently read this book about a girl who keeps a form of diary that is titled "My firsts" and she notes down all the things that her and her BFF do for the first time.

Now, of course she notes down things like her first kiss, her first date. However, she also writes down other new things that she's tried for the first time and it encourages her to try new things. I really liked that idea. So, for the last 2 weeks I have been keeping a mental note of all my new "firsts" and decided to blog them today:

14th of July: My first ride on a UK motorbike (as a passenger) at 70mph
24th of July: My first fishing trip
24th of July: My first time of catching a fish (in fact 3)
25th of July: My first marmite and cheese sandwhich
28th of July: My first serious Ice skating attempt (and only 1 fall!)

I am looking to add more firsts each week and have made my friend join me with this crazy idea and I think it will do us both some good in terms of trying new things. Although, it was his motorbike and none of the above was anything new to him but hey, we're working on his list simultaneously.

Apart from my first list, being ridiculously focussed on work, band and the occasional attempt at a social life, I've been on a trip to a Zombie Shopping Mall (yep, that does exist - it's in Reading and absolutely horrifyingly awesome!) and went shopping, shopping, shopping... :)

I'll have to post a few pics soon of some outfits I've styled with all the new clothes and accessories I've bought. In the meantime, here a picture of my current new favourite item in my jewellery box:



This is a watch/pendant. Super cute - found it at Claire's and fell in love with it. And then, because one item isn't enough - have a look at the cushions below:


These were a present of my friend (the one who is working on my first list with me) - very geeky, I know, but also very cool. :) It's those little things that make me happy.

Thanks for reading boys and girls!

xoxo
Kate

2 comments:

  1. oh i love this post!
    really good!
    Love the blog btw, so great, you have amazing taste!
    Could you please check mine out please?
    would be an honour!
    Itsfashiondamnit.blogspot.com
    thanks so much! keep up the good work!
    Lottie
    <3
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lottie :) Lovely blog! Following now. xoxo

      Delete