Sunday 7 October 2012

October blues...

It all started when I came home to answer the phone and my sister-in law asked me if I had made any progress on the story I'm writing. The answer was no, but as we got talking about the main characters I kind of started to get a little inspired. So, once we hung up, I looked out my old laptop to write some ideas down, but I couldn't find the file with the story on it.
There was no trace of it anywhere. 170 pages of carefully written material - poof! - gone. Needless to say I didn't sit down and write. Instead, I poured myself a glass of wine and shut down my computer.
Oh yeah, my sis-in-law sent me the latest version I had emailed her but 3 chapters were missing from it that I had never sent her so that still didn't lift my spirits completely.

The week continued on that "positive" note: My lead guitarist quit the band. Via voicemail. After ignoring me for 2 weeks. Um... yeah.. you can imagine how happy I was about that. 

Work has been hectic and all in all so was the entire week. It consisted of work, boredom,  some N64 gaming, couch potatoe evenings between James and the dog and my housemate just spent it on the phone...


I've been able to calm down a bit today and even had a catch up with my housemate although brief because he's texting all the time(!) and because I was on my way out for the evening and he was asleep my the time I came back home. I'm looking forward to hopefully a more peaceful Sunday tomorrow. 

Anyway, I will go back to posting about the fun things in life again when I feel a little better.

By the way, the above pics were edited with Manga-Camera (Free App for iPhone) - I love it! What do you think?

Have a lovely rest of the weekend my lovelies!

xoxo
Kate




No comments:

Post a Comment